With the annual holiday travel season approaching I thought it’d be appropriate to share my travel essentials.
No matter what kind of trip it is, these are the things that keep me in check when I’m doing a short overnight stay interstate or long two week trip overseas.
My toiletry bag of choice is a small cotton case from Muji that I picked up from the Shibuya store while I was in Tokyo. It’s lined with polyester on the inside, and has a few small dividers for those smaller items.
Here are my travel essentials:
- Toiletry Case – Muji – Doesn’t need to be fancy. Small, light and simple.
- Moisturiser – Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer – Applying this in the morning helps keep my skin hydrated all day.
- Disposable shaver – Schick – Does exactly what it needs to do.
- Shaving cream – Hotel Amenities – Enough to get me through a short trip.
- Fragrance – L’Occitane Verdon Eau ed Toilette – This 50ml size saves on weight and size, and stays under the airline limit for liquids. I try to bring something that is suitable for day and night.
- Toothbrush – Colgate – I prefer to travel with a manual one while travelling for convenience and weight. No need to remember chargers/converters and you can even carry it onboard.
- Toothpaste – Airline Amenities Pack – Alternatively, I get these from my local pharmacy/chemist.
- Dental Floss – Oral B – Don’t get caught with broccoli between your teeth!
- Shampoo and Shower Gel bottles – Daiso – These two handy squeezable tubes cost less than AUD$3. They’re easy to wash and refill, and you can put almost any liquid in there.
- Face Wash – Muji – This small container holds enough product for about a weeks worth of travel. It’s a hard plastic screw top that never leaks.
- Hair Styling Product – American Crew Defining Paste – Most products come in a smaller travel size but since I use this daily I opt to go for the larger size.
What are your travel essentials?